On completion of this module students will be able to:
· Describe all the clinical steps involved in the construction of removable complete dentures.
· Describe all the technical steps involved in the construction of removable complete dentures.
· Execute all laboratory steps in complete denture fabrication
· Use and manipulate of the materials, instruments and devices used for complete denture fabrication.
· Perform some of the clinical procedures involved in the construction of complete dentures.
· Explain and correct errors in final dentures.
On completion of this module the student should understand the composition and the chemistry of the restorative dental material
Teaching and learning methods:
Seminars/ videos/ lab.
stop exam by the end of the semester
- Teacher: Yusra Adil
This module introduces the students to Pediatric
Dentistry and providing dental care for infant and child patients. Students
review their knowledge in the areas development, histology, morphology and the
clinical significance of morphological and histological difference between
primary and permanent teeth, the module also provides the students with
essential information about different restorative procedures for primary and
permanent teeth in pediatric patients and practices that on ivory teeth and
dummy head lab. Introduce the student to principles of pediatric psychology,
theories of child cognitive and
psychological development, behavior shaping, behavioral management
techniques and Management of in the dental clinic through using of
pharmacological agents in sedation and general anesthesia. Emphasis is placed
on the prevention and management of complications and emergencies encountered
during conscious sedation.
Operative dentistry is the art and science of the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of defects of teeth that do not require full coverage restorations for correction. Such treatment should result in the restoration of proper tooth form, function, and aesthetics, while maintaining the physiologic integrity of the teeth in harmonious relationship with the adjacent hard and soft tissues, all of which should enhance the general health and welfare of the patient.